I'm back! Before I attempt to rationalize abandoning my blog for almost a year, I want to explain why I came back. Actually, more appropriately, why I was forced to come back. It's best told as such:
- About 3 months ago, I moved out of my apartment in SF into my parent's house in Orange County. Glamorous, I know.
- I didn't have a job, and being in Southern California and loving cliches, I decided to pursue a career in acting. (Actually, I secretly wanted this all along. 'Twas no accident. I'll get back to this some other time.)
- What do you do in Hollywood? You network. I'm not good at this, so, naturally, I ordered a bunch of fancy business cards with my website on it. We'll see how long it takes me to get rid of them.
- Oh yeah, I bought a website domain. www.ShayLorseyedi.com
- Greg told me that I should put my blog on it, cause it shows I have a personality or something.
- I went cross eyed trying to tweak a Tumblr website theme to fit an actor website template. Ugh. (FYI, Tumblr is also a blog site. Actor websites are not supposed to be blogs. woops)
- I created a link to my blog from my website.
- Oh crap. I haven't posted a blog post in a YEAR. That makes me look like a lazy and amateuristic deserter. When all the CDs that are scrambling to hire me see this, they surely will throw my business card in the trash. (ps: a CD is a Casting Director... duh)
And now that I looked at the blog for the first time in a year, I realized I need to update two posts: